Dan Shirah wrote:
Whenever the query has the NOT IN included in it, I get the following error:

Warning: mssql_query()
[function.mssql-query<http://develop1/credit%20card%20processing/Process/function.mssql-query>]:
message: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'as'. (severity 15)

<?php

# Get page number if passed to script
$page = intval( empty($_GET['page']) ? 1 : $_GET['page'] );

# Set number of rows to display from result set
$max_results = 10;

# Calculate the number of results that we have already looked at
$page_results = intval(($page*$max_results)-$max_results);

# Set your ORDER BY criteria.  This needs to be the same for each SQL
statement
# This is why I have setup a variable, so no mistakes will be made
$order_by_criteria = 'credit_card_id';

# Figure out which SQL statement we need to use
if ( $page === 1 ) {

       # Query for page 1
$SQL = "SELECT  TOP {$max_results}
               Value1, Value2
       FROM    my_table
       ORDER BY {$order_by_criteria}";

} else {

       # Query for page 2 and greater
$SQL = "SELECT  TOP {$max_results}
               Value1, Value2
       FROM    my_table
       WHERE   credit_card_id NOT IN (
                       SELECT  TOP {$page_results}
                               credit_card_id
                       FROM    my_table
                       WHERE   my_table.column = 'P'
                       ORDER BY {$order_by_criteria}
               ) AS newtbl

yup, sorry, missed that in the copy/paste  remove the 'AS newtbl' part

       ORDER BY {$order_by_criteria}";

}

... run your $SQL statement here and work with the results
?>

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare