Edward Vermillion wrote:

> ... and you can guarantee that any data coming into your site comes
> from your form?!? WOW!!!
>
> ;)
>
> So back to my original question, what breaks if you're *expecting*
> UTF-8 and you don't *get* UTF-8?

As long as my server isn't vulnerable to it, I couldn't care less. I'm
certainly not going to be that defensive and write my code to deal with
such situations.  If someone POSTs or GETs something not in UTF-8 from
outside my site, and I can't deal with it, it's their problem, not
mine.

And with PHP being the solid platform it is, it wouldn't dream of taking
down my server just because I get KOI8-R when I expected UTF-8 :-)

/Per Jessen, Zürich