There are any number of elements to try

htmlspecialchars
mysql_real_escape_string
addslashes

RTFM and see what works best for your situation

bastien> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: php-general@lists.php.net> Date: Thu, 4
Oct 2007 11:44:34 +0900> Subject: [PHP] inserting ´ in a db> > Hi list, good
day.> > > > I have a simple script that inserts text on a mysql table, that has
a field> named description and the type is text.> > Everting works fine, except
when I try to insert a text that includes a> simple quote. > > For example > >
> > Yamil´s car> > > > I send the character string to a variable and then
insert into a query. But> the mysql says that something is wrong with the query
because the quote> after the l looks like the end of the string, and “s car”
doesn`t look like> a valid part of the query.> > > > Can anyone help me out,
how to handle this error?> > > > Thanks> > Yamil>
Show your pals how you really feel! Learn more today!
http://www.freemessengeremoticons.ca/