You could set $_SESSION['lasttime'] to time() and check it on every page.

On Oct 17, 2007, at 3:58 AM, "Holografix" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have some questions about sessions timeout and sessions ini settings.

In php.ini I have session.gc_maxlifetime = 30 (for testing purpose only) , session.gc_probability = 1 and session.gc_divisor = 100 (didn't touch this
values)

I have two simple pages

page1.php
---------
session_start();
$_SESSION["test"] = "TEST";

page2.php
=========
session_start();
if (!isset($_SESSION["test"]) ) {
   echo "no session"; die();
}
print_r($_SESSION);

I open page1.php in the browser and only click in the link after waiting
more than 30 seconds (session.gc_maxlifetime).
After this period what should happen with $_SESSION["test"] in page2.php?

In php, session.gc_maxlifetime: ; After this number of seconds, stored data
will be seen as 'garbage' and
; cleaned up by the garbage collection process.

I need to understand this and get a way to automaticly logout a user after n
minutes of inactivity.

My environment:
Windows XP PRO SP2, apache 2.2.4, php 5.2.4 (apache module), mysql 5.4.5

Best regards
holo