Adam Williams wrote:
I have an html page with checkboxes:

<form action=mailform2.php method=POST>
<input type=checkbox name=option[] value="Modern Mississippi">Modern Mississippi<br>
<input type=checkbox name=option[] value="Civil Rights">Civil Rights<br>
<input type=checkbox name=option[] value="Military History">MilitaryHistory<br>
<input type=submit name=submit value=Submit>

and mailform2.php containing:

echo "you selected: <br>";
/* line 81 */ foreach ($_POST[option] as $a)
       {
       echo "$a";
       }

but I'm getting the error:

you selected:

*Warning*: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in */var/www/sites/mdah-test/museum/mmhsurvey/mailform2.php* on line *81*

I googled some checkbox/foreach pages on google, but I don't see where I'm going wrong. I'm running php 5.2.5 on Apache 2.2.4 on Fedora Linux. Any help?

Turn notices on. You will then get lots of notices about the use of an undefined constant "option".

You should be using $_POST['option'] instead - notice the quotes.

Your HTML should really have double quotes around the attributes but that's beyond the scope of this list.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/