Emil Edeholt schrieb:
Hi all!

Maybe slightly off topic, but I would like to know how you guys handle mysql structures between different computers (and for that matter from the developer desktop to the stable server).

I work on my home and my office computer with the same php projects. I keep all my php files on svn, so I just update and commit the first and last thing I do when I switch computer. The problem is when I've made a change in the structure of my mysql tables. I usually try to save a dump and ssh it to my server and download and import it on the other computer. But that feels clumsy, and if I've made changes on both computers I have no simple way to merge the structures like I can in svn.

How do you handle this in your projects?

Best Regards Emil Edeholt

Hi Emil,

I use pear MDB2_Schema package to handle and manage my database structures.

Another option would be http://dbdeploy.com/. There is also a pear proposal: http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-proposal-show.php?id=507.

Both, very interesting components in the area of database deployment.

Cheers,
Jens