Paul Scott wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 12:52 +0200, Jochem Maas wrote:
>
>> since when is there an arbitrary maximum recursion limit???
>
> Since forever... ;)

thats you think, personally I test this kind of thing when Im
not sure:

php -r 'function foo() { static $x = 1; echo "foo ", $x++, "\n"; foo(); }
foo();'

which proves quite adequately that there is no function recursion limit as such,
and that the error message is simply 'Segmentation Fault' as opposed to some
message
about recursion limit being reached.

therefore the recursion limit, whether in defined in php source or in user land
code
is something specific to the XML extension/code the OP was using.