On 10/26/07, John A DAVIS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> this works:
> $xml_data = file('xml_edwr2.xml');
> var_dump($xml_data);
>
> I can get the var_dump to work for 1 sample, but I guess there are a many
> samples in one xml file which turns into something like this(so, there is no
> way for me to reference a "column"):

the code came out horribly in email, but you should be able to use
xpath-y type stuff to access it.

i.e.

foreach($sxml->node->childnode as $node) {
  now you are in a foreach loop on this level
}

simplexml is great for quick parsing of well-formed XML.

there's also DOM functions, PEAR libraries, and of course XSLT to try
to get the XML into an easier to use format... but I typically try to
use built in stuff when possible :)