On 10/30/07, Richard Heyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wolf wrote:
> > Anyone use compilers (linux based or Windoze) and which do you use?
> >
> > Looking for something free (best) or low cost as we are doing some
> > investigation on what methods are best for some of the stuff we have,
> > and I'm thinking a compiled PHP app should run faster.
>
> There's the free eaccelerator. It doesn't spit out compiled php code,
> but it does have the same effect by caching the generated byte-code.

i wonder if OP is talking about compiling down to binary.  there are such
things
available for java
http://gcc.gnu.org/java/
albiet older jvms.
i dont know of anything like this available for php; but remember, in
general,
compiling an interpreted language will result in different behavior than
running
it through the interpreter.

-nathan