On Nov 1, 2007, at 7:10 AM, Paul van Haren wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to execute function variables. This works fine outside class code, but gives a fatal error when run within a class. The demo code is
here:

        <?php

        function bar1 () {
            echo "Yep, in bar1() right now\n";
        }

        function foo1 () {
            bar1();

            $a = "bar1";
            print_r ($a); echo "\n";
            $a();
        }

        class foobar {
            function bar2 () {
                echo "Yep, in bar2() right now\n";
            }

            public function foo2 () {
                foobar::bar2();

                $a = "foobar::bar2";
                print_r ($a); echo "\n";
                $a();

        foo1();

        $fb = new foobar ();
        $fb->foo2();
        ?>

The error message reads:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function
foobar::bar2() in /home/paul/demo/demo.php on line 25

Is there anyone out there who can explain what's wrong in this code?

Thanks, Paul