Hi all:

    I've learned, much to my pleasure, that I can place a php.ini file in the
root directory of my shared domain to allow some customization of the php
settings.  However, when I do this, I keep getting weird results.  Some of the
values that I change appear as I've asked them to be.  Some appear to not
change at all.  And some have been changing to what appears to be default
values for php.

    I'm wondering a few things here.  First, my computer is Windows-based, but
the server is Linux-based.  Do I need to somehow convert the Windows text file
line termination characters to their Linux variants?  If so, how?  Is it
possible that I'm trying to change values beyond some upper limit which is
causing php to use the default value?

    The main values that I'm trying to change are:

        post_max_size
        upload_max_filesize
        memory_limit
        max_execution_time
        max_input_time

    If anyone knows of upper limits for these, I'd appreciate learning about
them.

    As always, any help you can send my way will be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks,

        Jon