Hello, list!

I'm trying to translate some code from Python to PHP so it will work on my server.

The Python code is:
x = zlib.decompressobj()
x.decompress(blah) # blah is a 100KB string

When I try gzuncompress() on the same data (I checked), it returns a "Data error". I also tried gzinflate() and many user-created gzdecode () functions, with no luck.

After many hours of Googling and test scripts, I have found little information.

I think the problem could be a memory problem. When I try to decompress a shorter string, it works perfectly.

The data fed to the decompression function is the same and therefore should be valid.

When I looked at the user comments for gzuncompress(), it says that it might not decompress some zlib data.

Any ideas to how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Casey