Daniel Brown wrote:
On Nov 16, 2007 9:47 AM, Stut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Daniel Brown wrote:
On Nov 16, 2007 9:36 AM, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 5:00 PM -0500 11/15/07, Daniel Brown wrote:
    Yay!  I got to say my stupid thing for the day.

    Last I had even looked at the signup process, it was open to US
users who had a cell phone and could receive SMS messages (containing
a confirmation code).  I wonder why the hell they still give you a
limit on invites for Gmail then.  I guess it's just typical eccentric
Google.
Well, if it makes you feel better, you can invite me.  :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------

    For the record, Tedd, when I sent a Gmail invite to your Gmail
account, it didn't reduce my number of invites.

    Let me know what the email says, if it offers any additional hint
as to why the invites still exist.
Surely this is obvious? If they remove them they would remove a way for
their users to introduce new people to the service. Removing that
ability wouldn't make sense to me. It might make more sense if they
changed the wording, but the feature does no harm and so is definitely
worth them keeping it in.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/

    Yes, but Stut, you have a maximum of 100 invites and when you're
out, you're out.  I agree it makes it seem like more of a "hot-ticket
item" while limiting people, but I don't know if that is, in fact,
what they're going for.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's really limited anymore, just appears that way. I'm sure if you actually invite a bunch of people it will either not reduce your invite count or they will be replenished fairly quickly. Leaving it there with no limits is a quick and easy way to still allow personal referrals with minimal effort on their part.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/