At 11:32 AM -0600 11/21/07, Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
huh? if I post a file to a script that returns a 204 status and nothing
else then the page should not change in the browser.
[/snip]

True, the missing piece is that the post cannot move the file up to the
server.

Ahhh, so that's it.

My twitchy little brain was thinking if I can send arguments to the server via ajax, then why can't I send ""multipart/form-data"? After all, data is data right?

It might be too cpu intensive, but I can imagine js breaking down an image file in packets and then sending those to a server via post arguments to be assembled on the server. Is that not feasible, or am I blowing wind out my shorts again?

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------