Jeffery Fernandez wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to rewind a foreach loop? eg:

$numbers = array(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10);

foreach ($numbers as $index => $value)
{
        if ($value == 5)
        {
                prev($numbers);
        }
        echo "Value: $value" . PHP_EOL;
}

The above doesn't seem to work. In one of my scenarios, when I encounter and error in a foreach loop, I need the ability to rewind the array pointer by one. How can I achieve this?

regards,
Jeffery

No, you can't rewind the array.  Foreach makes a copy of the array, and works
off that copy.

You might need to look into using do...while() instead

Something thing like this should work.

<?php

$row = current($your_array);  Gives you the first element in $your_array

do {

work with your $row...
determine if their is an error

        if ( $error ) {
                # Watch out for infinite loop....
                # maybe have a counter that increments each time it rewinds
$your_array
                #    and have it stop at 10 loops or something.
                prev($your_array);
        }
} while( $row = next($your_array) );

?>

This way, you are working on the only copy of $your_array

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare