On Monday 03 December 2007 13:37:45 Emil Edeholt wrote:
> Hi,

was this a mathematical question? Yes, someone on this list, can probably help
you to do some finesse, but I like it mathematical and clean code

> I'm about to add some simple calendar functions to my application, and
> I'm thinking of how I should implement recurring events. Are there one
> standard way most people use that works well?

a timestamp

> I guess you have some kind
> of emitter event that creates the recurring events and a group id that
> holds the events together.

a timestamp + a year ahead as an example, a week, a day, a week + two days,
it's all very simple to add up with php.

> How long forward does one usually create the
> events. Two-three years...?

chaa... What event except birthdays weddings  and maby elections are we
talking about here? I cannot tell what I'm supposed to do next week and it
seems kind'a hard to grasp at what youre thinkin of

> Sorry if I'm a bit blury. But any ideas on recurring events are welcome.
> I guess I could just hack something together, but it would be fun to do
> it right.

wee bit blurry.

--
---