Hi,

I've had php (4.0.5) working fine with postgres and w-agora (forum
software),  but am now having trouble after trying installs of php-nuke and
phpWebSite. These use mysql, which has also been freshly installed.

After a reboot the <? phpinfo(); ?> tag executes immediately, but after
trying to execute a php script from one of the new web apps all php scripts
perform very slowly and the results include the following error at the
bottom of the page:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in Unknown on
line 0

This happens even for a test page with nothing but the <? phpinfo(); ?>
tag.

It does seem like php is connecting to mysql, since the results that are
eventually returned include database-depended content. For phpinfo() most
results are returned immediately but the page hangs after the php variables
heading, and results for this page are not returned until the 30 second time
limit is apparently reached. Then those results are displayed, followed by
the error described above.

Other pages, say the admin.php page for phpWebSite, don't return anything
until the time limit expires. Then what seems to be the entire page is
displayed, followed by the same error line.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been beating my head against this
for quite a while.

Thanks,

Dave De Graff