On Saturday 19 May 2001 14:22, Urb LeJeune wrote:
> I'm using the follow snippet while traversing a directory.
>
> while ($Directory=readdir($DirHandle)) {
>
>   $IsFile = is_file($Directory);
>   $IsDir = is_dir($Directory);
>   echo " is file=$IsFile - is dir=$IsDir\n";
>
>       Works fine on Windows box, on a Unix box (RedHat) both
> is_file() and is_dir() return null no matter what the contents of
> $Directory is.

readdir returns the file/directory name without path, is_file and is_dir
expect a complete filenam with path. So unless you only examine your
current directory, is_file & is_dir won't find the files.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

I saw God --------- and she was black.