The best open source search engines I've seen/used are:

        ASPSeek http://www.aspseek.org
        Mnogoseach      http://mnogosearch.org/
        ht://dig                http://www.htdig.org

I've found that I prefer ASPseek to both mnogo and htdig...

net] On Behalf Of Manuel Lemos
> Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 12:53 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [PHP] Site search engine suggestion.
>

> Hello elias,
>
> On 12-May-01 04:04:26, you wrote:
>
> >Hello guys,
>
> >I need that badly! I need a suggestion, advise, solution or whatever
> >that might help!
>
> >I need a Site Search script for a page that mostly have .PHP
> files some
> >are dynamic and some are not. Basically i was using WebGlimpse but
> >whenever I search using it, It shows the source code of the
> PHP files!
> >So for example if i search "echo" , WebGlimpse displays the
> .PHP file source
> >code!
>
> >Any suggestion for a better site search program?
>
> Try HTDig with this PHP interface class:

http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/browse.html/package/26

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp

For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To
contact the list administrators, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]