On Wed, December 19, 2007 4:13 am, Sancar Saran wrote:
> I want know  to you opinions about using $GLOBALS directly.
>
> like
>
> $GLOBALS['myString'] = 'test';
> $GLOBALS['myArray']['this'] = 'this';
> $GLOBALS['myArray']['that'] = 'that';
> $GLOBALS['myClassObj] = new SomeClass;

Don't.

You are using global variables, and you might as well admit it and use
the 'global' keyword to designate them as such.

Poking stuff into $GLOBALS instead just makes it look like you're
trying to pretend you're not using global variables when you are, to
me.

I did form this opinion before altering $GLOBALS was a documented
feature.

ymmv

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.