On Dec 31, 2007 7:11 AM, Dani Castaños <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm using simplexml to load an xml into an object.
> The XML is this:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <request>
>  <customerID>3</customerID>
>  <appName>agenda</appName>
>  <ticketType>cticket_agenda_server</ticketType>
>  <ticketTypeID>1</ticketTypeID>
>  <platformID>1</platformID>
>  <ticketAction>addUsersToGroup</ticketAction>
> </request>
>
> When I do this:
>
> $file = simplexml_load_file( 'file.xml' );
> $ticketType = $file->ticketType;
>
> What i really have into $ticketType is a SimpleXMLElement... not the
> value "cticket_agenda_server"... What am I doing wrong?

cast the value to a string  when you pull it out if you want to use it that
way:

<?php
$xml =
<<<XML
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<request>
 <customerID>3</customerID>
 <appName>agenda</appName>
 <ticketType>cticket_agenda_server</ticketType>
 <ticketTypeID>1</ticketTypeID>
 <platformID>1</platformID>
 <ticketAction>addUsersToGroup</ticketAction>
</request>
XML;

$file = new SimpleXMLElement($xml);
$ticketTypeAsSimpleXmlElement = $file->ticketType;
$ticketTypeAsString = (string)$file->ticketType;
$ticketTypeAnalyzer = new ReflectionObject($ticketTypeAsSimpleXmlElement);

echo (string)$ticketTypeAnalyzer . PHP_EOL;
var_dump($ticketTypeAsString);
?>

-nathan