At 4:38 PM +0100 1/3/08, Jochem Maas wrote:
Jim Lucas schreef:
 Robert Cummings wrote:
 On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 09:18 -0600, Balaji A wrote:
 Hi,

 I have a table with the below fields. (id, title, language, author &
 link to the book).

 Initially I want to display a page with 3 select boxes (language,
 author & title).

 Initially first select box displays the available language by querying
 the database. On selecting one language, author select box should show
 the matching records from the database. After selecting the author,
 matching records should display in title.

 Could any body send the sample script files with 3 select boxes?
 Anything else you'd like to add to the requirements document?

 Cheers,
 Rob.

I would think it be best if it was javascript based so it dynamically loads the data via AJAX or a predefined JS hash, but then when JS was disabled, it would be best if it fell back to old school
 and submitted the form when I select the lang->auth->book.

ah, indeed, quite right Jim. sorry Rob I thought all that was implied. while your at it you might as well implement it (whilst keeping graceful degradation) using something like extJS thereby offering the user a more elegant selectbox replacement for those
with js enabled.

And don't forget to make it accessible, work on all modern browsers, pass w3c validation, and the code be unobtrusive. I think that about covers it. Oh yes, one more thing, it should be SE friendly as well.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------