At 3:33 PM -0600 1/3/08, Richard Lynch wrote:
On Thu, January 3, 2008 11:39 am, tedd wrote:
 > That's a valid point. Not only the encoding that's declared for the
 page via it's html DOCTYPE, but also what encoding was used to
 actually save that file on the server.

 This entire encoding process is more involved than it looks, or so it
 appears to me.

Perhaps you should be taking a whitelist approach to filtering input?...

Yes, I always scrub and/or filter any data coming from the user-side.

This was just an experiment because the results I saw didn't fit what I (and appears others) expected.

Thanks for your input and code.

Cheers,

tedd

--