Well, <dope slap> I think I understand the problem now: CURL is operating from the server so it knows nothing about C: on the client!

So how do I solve my problem? I want to upload multiple files from C: to the server based on a single wildcard spec typed into an HTML form by the user.

John Gunther wrote:
PHP 5.2.1 on Apache/Linux. Client is Firefox and IE7 on Windows XP.

Uploading C:\boot.ini works great from an HTML type="file" form element but fails using what should be the equivalent:
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,array('peru'=>'@C:/boot.ini'));

CURL error is "failed creating formpost data". Same CURL works when the test file resides on the PHP server:
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,array('peru'=>'@/home/user/boot.ini'));

so problem seems to be in the '@C:/boot.ini' filespec. Substituting '@C:\boot.ini' or '@C:\\boot.ini' doesn't help.

What am I doing wrong?