From: Alexis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:07 AM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] MSSQL

Hi,

I am pulling my hair out trying to set up PHP to connect to SQL Server.

The office server, running Server 2003, has SQL Server on it.

One of my computers is running XP with Apache 2.2 and  PHP 5.2.3.
Another one has Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon, Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.3

Ideally I would like to get the Linux box to connect to the main server, but I
can't even get it to recognise the server, let alone create a MSSQL link, so
I'll start off with the windows box.

I have read all the various comments in http://ca3.php.net/mssql and have tried
all the relevant ones but still no joy.
It just will not connect.

I have tried the ADO approach but get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message '<b>Source:</b>
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access
denied.' in
D:\Apache2.2\htdocs\includes\mssqlinfo.inc:9 Stack trace: #0
D:\Apache2.2\htdocs\includes\mssqlinfo.inc(9):
com->Open('Provider=SQLOLE...') #1 D:\Apache2.2\htdocs\mssql.php(3):
include('D:\Apache2.2\ht...') #2 {main} thrown in
D:\Apache2.2\htdocs\includes\mssqlinfo.inc on line 9

Does anyone have a definite and easy to understand set of instructions as to
how to get PHP to talk to SQL Server please?

Cheers
Alexis