Hello,

on 01/10/2008 07:10 PM Douglas Temple said the following:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm pretty sure that this question has been asked to death in the past, but
> I'm just curoius as to whether there is a plugin that can edit Microsoft
> Office Word documents in PHP. I'm interested in this because I am trying to
> put a text watermark on each page, but doing it online, without having to
> download the document, watermarking it, and then reuploading it (I won't
> deny that I'm lazy). So my question is has this even been done before? I've
> had a little search around and nothing exciting has popped out, so I'm
> wondering if anyone has used/heard of/made something as daunting as this
> before?

There are a few classes in the PHPClasses site that can be used to edit
Microsoft Word documents. Some require running under Windows as they
need COM objects. Others just generate XML/HTML that can pretend to be
Word documents if you save the document files with the .doc extension.

http://www.phpclasses.org/search.html?words=msword&go_search=1

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos