On Jan 11, 2008 11:53 AM, Jason Pruim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With a problem like that, code and a web page are very helpful to
> track it down. I'm willing to take a look at what I can with my Mac &
> firefox, and see what I can sort out :)
>
> I just need more info..
>

> On Jan 11, 2008, at 11:34 AM, Terry Calie wrote:
>
> > Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question... if so
> > please help me figure out where to ask it.  I've asked on FireFox
> > forums and was told it was a PHP problem and to ask the developers
> > of PHP.
> >
> > I have a PHP website that freezes in Firefox on a Mac.  Every other
> > browser/operating system combination I have tested is fine.  I've
> > narrowed down the problem to having to do with "session_start",
> > which is the session tracking mechanism for php.
> >
> > When I comment out session_start, the site works (but of course my
> > site now becomes state-less).  Again, the problem is ONLY on FireFox
> > on a Mac.  It works fine on FireFox on a PC.
> >
> > Any ideas as to what could be causing the problem with FireFox on
> > Mac and not on PC?  (Safari on Mac works fine)

    Terry,

    I had seen your posts before (I'm a Mozilla developer as well),
but I didn't see mention of a version.  What Mac FF version are you
using, and what plugins do you have installed?  Try disabling all
plugins, restarting Firefox, and seeing if it will work for you then.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since
Nineteen-Seventy-[mumble].