At 03:21 PM 5/21/01 +0100, Kike wrote:
>Hi all,
>I've just installed Orcale 8.1.7 in a linux server in my lan. I'm trying
>to access to
>the server from another computer with apache and i get the next:
>Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ora_logon() in
>/usr/local/apache/htdocs.....
>Where can i find docs to configure boths machines to access to the
>oracle server?

   First, if you're trying to access an Oracle 8i database, you'll want
OCILogon() not ora_logon() --  ora_* functions are for Oracle 7.x
databases, OCI* functions are for Oracle 8.x databases...

   The first thing you need to do is install the Oracle Net8 Client on your
apache webserver machine and configure it so that you can connect to the
Oracle 8.1.7 server.

   Be sure to set ORACLE_SID, NLS_LANG, and ORACLE_HOME in your default
environment (or, specifically in the environment for your apache user) so
that the Net8 client software can connect to the database when executed as
the 'nobody' user...

   Next, compile PHP again, including the OCI8 functions, and restart apache.

    Brian S. Dunworth
    Sr. Software Development Engineer
    Oracle Database Administrator
    The Printing House, Ltd.