2008. 01. 17, csütörtök keltezéssel 15.01-kor Richard Lynch ezt írta:
> On Thu, January 17, 2008 2:06 am, Jochem Maas wrote:
> > Richard Lynch schreef:
> >>
> >> Just to be picuyane:
> >>
> >> echo isn't using the parens.
> >>
> >> The parens are forcing PHP to evaluate the concatenation of the
> >> strings FIRST, and then echo them.
> >>
> >> And since the concatenation operator takes precedence over the
> >> language construct, the parens are basically useless cruft.
> >
> > not to mention that it should be written as (spaces are optional ;-)):
> >
> > echo $h, "\n", $i, "\n";
> >
> > which avoids any concat operation and dumps the result of each
> > expression
> > direct to the buffer :-)
>
> I wanted to avoid the whole concat versus multi-arg performance
> thread, since it usually takes about a week before somebody posts the
> definitive answer, showing the actual PHP opcodes generated...

no, this time it won't take a week, as I have the answer at hand ;)
http://blog.libssh2.org/index.php?/archives/28-How-long-is-a-piece-of-string.html

> And I don't recall the answer, and don't give a [bleep] since it's
> almost never the bottleneck in an application in the first place...

you're absolutely right in that, personally I don't care about it either
when coding. however the above article is an interesting read :)

greets
Zoltán Németh