Shelley Shyan schreef:
Hi all,

Maybe this is a somehow stupid question.

I want to know how php could know whether session_start() has been called, that
is, whether session has been started.

you can do it by checking the return value of session_id() if it's empty you
can be pretty
sure session_start() was not called. having said that I think your better off
writing code that can assume the session was started (e.g. by including a
file that init's the session [and whatever else is relevant) ... but that may
not be doable.

see here: http://php.net/session_id

I don't recommend the auto_session_start ini setting because there are probably
times when you explicitly don't need/want the session started.

I Googled, but got little help.

Thank you for help!
Any tip is greatly appreciated.

Regards,