On Jan 22, 2008 8:09 PM, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nothing peeves me more than some badly-conceived web-app with no way
> to move the include files out of the web-tree.

    You may disagree with me on this here, Rich, but the way I do it
is to have a single include_files.php file containing all of the files
that need to be included as a whole, and a single configuration
variable to set where those files are located.  I know that they don't
all have to be included in that file, but I find it makes it easier,
since I use all of them with every page load.

    I also employ a function safe_include($filename) that uses a
combination of file_exists($filename), is_file($filename), and
is_readable($filename).  If the function fails, no PHP error message
is output if the file can't be found, and the script doesn't
necessarily halt.  If it's a critical file, instead a message is
dispatched to my email, and a friendly message is placed on the site
informing the user that a technical error has been encountered and
will be repaired ASAP.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since
Nineteen-Seventy-[mumble].