On Fri, January 25, 2008 5:07 am, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>> I know how to do multiple queries - the key issue in my question was
>> how
>> to do them concurrently (i.e. in parallel).
>
> So you want to make PHP multithreaded???

No, he wants to leverage the multi-threaded MySQL DB in the background
to have *IT* running several queries at once.

One could also consider putting the queries into something other than
PHP (gasp!) which is multi-threaded, but then it wouldn't really be a
question for this list.

I suspect the overhead of bridging to/from that other thing would
dwarf the query times, unless you're running queries that are too long
to start with...

In which case you should queue them up in a list of "jobs" and notify
the users when they are finished instead of making the user wait
around.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?