Eric Butera schreef:
On Jan 31, 2008 11:14 AM, Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Eric Butera schreef:
On Jan 31, 2008 9:27 AM, Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Eric Butera schreef:

On Jan 31, 2008 7:33 AM, Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Richard Heyes schreef:
Anyone have any trouble with this combination? It consistently crashes
for me.
firefox not an option? or anything else that resembles a proper browser ;-)

http://pear.php.net

Thanks.

IE8 passes Acid2. :)
a, it's not out.
b, all that was said was it does - is there proof? (screenshot doesn't count).
c, they also want to force developers to include extra meta tags to force IE8
to run in
strict valdation mode ... otherwise it will run using the old parser ... or
something like
that.
d, it's liable to be more to do with EU lawsuits than actually giving a hoot
about
stds compliance of any sort.

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/01/25/ie8_version_switch/

I'm up to date on the situation, thanks! :)

I just had to throw that in there because you said Firefox like it is
the best browser.
no that's your interpretation. I merely implied firefox was better than IE.
and if your a webdeveloper then atm it is the best browser for one simple
reason - firebug.

I agree that Firebug is an amazing ext in Firefox.  I use it regularly
along with the live headers ext in my work to track XHTTP requests.
What are your favorite aspects of Firebug?

in line editing of just about everything, introspection of everything. er
everything.

Safari has some nice HTML
and Javascript debugging with Drosera & the Web Inspector.

I use Firefox with NoScript when I'm browsing the
  bully for you. given that this is the world of web2.0 I'd imagine your
browsing is rather limited. it's also masochistic given that you apparently
choose to use an inferior product (as per your own opinion)

I use different browsers for tasks.  Gmail/Google Reader share Camino.
 Safari is the browser I use for browsing/work.  Firefox is the
browser I use for viewing sites I don't trust with the
NoScript/Flashblock extensions.  The fact that XSS and CSRF can steal
your identity/perform actions is serious business to me.  I do what I
can to protect myself.
web, but it is by no means the "best" browser.  Safari & Opera have
"better" renderers and do it faster.
ah so my supposed opinion needs to take a back seat to your "better" opinion,
no renderer is perfect. and they're all slightly different. let's not forget
that nobody outside of IT actually uses Opera and Safari is only used by
MacHeads
(which account for about 0.1% of the population) - recommending firefox is
mostly about
educating Joe Average to the possiblities of an alternative that is used by
more than
5 people already.

I wasn't trying to say my opinion was better.  I was just stating that
the rendering engine in Opera and Safari pass the acid2 test[1].
Firefox does not.

you didn't state anything of the sort until just then.
and you do realise that Acid2 is not actually a standard AND that there
are plenty of differences of opinion regarding the minutae of 'proper
implementation' of some of the things Acid2 tests.

I'm not talking about the
Mozilla engine though because Camino fairly decent.  It's just all
that chrome bloat really makes me sick.
then go to bed.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid2#Compliant_applications