Richard Heyes schreef:
Jochem Maas wrote:
Richard Heyes schreef:
firefox not an option?

Nope.

 > or anything else that resembles a proper browser ;-)

Strange, IE has been working fine for me for the last eight years...

that's the kind of thing people say just after they hear they have prostrate cancer ;-)

Lol.

seriously though - why is FF (or any other browser) not an option?

I suppose it is, but I like Internet Explorer. Have done for ages.

lol - some people like MacDonalds - no account for taste :-)
my guess is if you use another browser for a month, you'll get so used
to it that going back to IE will feel just as painful as opening something
other than IE does now ... at least that's how it always is for me.

I don't like Safari ... but now I use a MacBook I keep opening it up and
really I am starting to like it more and more .. although I don't really,
sort of, not, possibly :-)

 > your
a web developer, I would imagine you should be running a complete arsenal of
different browsers as part of the job, no?

Yes. MSIE, Firefox, Opera etc.

and then there's the question as to why you don't upgrade to IE7. or maybe rebuild the windows machine in question (hey it wouldn't be the first time something
like this was helped by a clean install right?)

I don't like the IE7 interface, in particular the font smoothing thing.

got to admit the IE7 interface is indeed a step backwards - that is quite an
achievement :-P

And besides, I can't be arsed... :-)

spoken like a true webhead. may I refer you to that last comment with regard to
seeking an answer to your original question :-P