> I'm using sessions and if the user hits the back button an
> expiration page appears! how can i disable the back button ?
> i tried window.history.forward(1) but it fails !

Even more interesting is that when a user presses the back
button all the way back to the page that initially started the
session, a new session is started.  As such, all information
previously stored will be lost.
What I did to fix my problem (and I think it'll fix yours) is
that I start the session on a page the user cannot go "back"
to.  To do that, the only code in the file is:

<?

  session_start();

  header( "location: /home_page.php" );
  exit();