Thanks.  I use kubuntu and have all ooo including base, but it seems
very minimal.  I connected via jdbc (as only other option is odbc for
mysql).  I can't even see how to define a key as auto increment, there
is no option.  I tried dbdesigner4 and it is very old and buggy on
linux.  I found a post that suggested I download the windows version and
run it under wine.  Works great.

As for the OT, many apologies, I never even thought of looking for a
php-db list, thanks for the heads-up.

-Shawn

Thanks!
-Shawn