Hello,

on 02/14/2008 12:34 PM julian said the following:
> I am using phpmailer currently to send email from my applications. My
> ISP is restricting the usage of email without SSL/TLS and my SMTP
> connections have started to fail...
>
> Any hints on the best approach to send email from php appplciations ?, I
> wish I could use my standard gmail/yahoo accounts.... like my desktop
> email program...

I am not sure if you can or cannot use SMTP with TLS.

In any case, you may use this popular MIME message composing and sending
class that comes with several alternative delivery methods. It supports
SMTP deliveries with TLS enabled as required by Gmail and also mail()
function/sendmail deliveries. Just use the appropriate sub-class that
fit in your restrictions.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

If you need to deliver via SMTP/TLS to Gmail, you also need these two
classes in conjunction. mail() function/sendmail deliveries do not
require additional classes:

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

http://www.phpclasses.org/sasl

--