Class names are case insensitive, so "Exception" is the same as "exception".

Now, about the first approach: Does the mysql extension throw exceptions???
(maybe you just didn't write the throw statement, I presume).

About the second approach: What is "catchc"? (I guess it's just a typo). And,
what other exceptions are you expecting to be thrown out of the try block to use
the second *generic* catch? If you and only you are throwing the custom *
MySQLException* exception (which you should code and throw under the proper
conditions) why do you need a generic *Exception* catch block?

Regards,

Rob

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 |
TEL 954-607-4207 | FAX 954-337-2695 |
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | MSN Chat: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  SKYPE: bestplace |
 Web: bestplace.biz  | Web: seo-diy.com