At 10:30 AM -0600 2/23/08, Greg Donald wrote:
On 2/23/08, Robert Cummings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's ok, I have complete faith that many millions more people will die in the
 name of religion.

In addition to that, one can't easily ignore the millions who were
killed by god himself as recorded in the bible:

http://tinyurl.com/h4u5b

Yeah, but that's the Bible -- don't beat God to death with it. He may not have written it. In fact, in a global sense, He has supposed to have written many books -- are they all His? If so, then that only raises more questions. I think things get complicated when you get man into the mix.

I love what Steven Weinberg, the Nobel Prize-winning physicist said,
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd
have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

I love the book written by Carl Sagan the "The Dragons of Eden" -- he has an interesting perspective on the God thing and it contains more substance than a cute quote.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------