Richard Heyes wrote:

>> How about this one -
>>
>> http://jessen.ch/articles/captcha
>>
>> Well, of course it can be broken too - it's only a matter of money
>> and time, both of which are critical to spammers.
>>
> Interesting. How well does this work?

Well - it's an idea I've had for a while, but I only just implemented it
this morning.
The key thing is that in order to read the question, you need to render
the HTML in an engine or browser with javascript support.  Just parsing
the page won't help you.
Like I said, it can be broken too (given sufficient effort).

> I'm interested because I wrote a number to text converter which could
> be used as a CAPTCHA and it was eventually broken, so I resorted to
> the more traditional image based CAPTCHA. For example:
>
> Enter the following in numbers:
>
> Four thousand and twenty two.
>
> And of course the answer is 4022.

Did you use javascript to do that too? Seems to me it should work just
as well as what I proposed.

/Per Jessen, Zürich