Quoting Matty Sarro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Greets all!
I am working on a minor project for work for entering inventory information
for servers we ship out.

Here is my plan:
First page -
Get client name, number of servers, and find number of miscellaneous
equipment(s) being shipped (UPS's, monitors, etc)

From there, create a loop to run through each server based on number of
servers input on first page. Each server will come up as a new page.
Each server can have x hard drives, the number of which will be put in by
the user, and the form will be generated by a loop based on the number the
user puts in (ie: either generate the form based on submitted number of hard
drives, or have user put in a drop down and use some javascript for the
rest).

I'm still planning this out... my major concern is how would I maintain
values between pages? I'd like to have a summary printed before actually
storing values into the database. I'm going to start throwing together some
code, but I just wasn't sure how to maintain the values. The first version
is most likely just going to be one really large form, but obviously this is
going to be ugly and not so easy to work with considering the variances that
the different servers have.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Maybe take a look at stut's article :)

http://stut.net/articles/sessionless_sessions.html