I like Tyler's solution.  It is better to move the call to date() outside the
loop.  You only need to get the current year once, and then add one onto it
each iteration.  If you leave the call to date() inside the loop then it
calculates the current date each time and that uses CPU power and time.
Looking at it in list form, here is the difference:

Original Solution
-----------------
Set x to 0
while x is less than 20
 calculate current year
 add value of x to year
 print year
 increase x by 1

New solution
set x to 0
Get current year
while x is less than 20
 print year
 increase year by one
 increment x by 1

It's much faster to not have to call a function when it's not required, or in
this case, where the value has already been computed....especially when the
function is in a loop.  :)