From:  Christoph  Boget  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:  It  Maq  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc:  php-general@lists.php.net
Sent:  Wednesday,  March  12,  2008  10:31:07  AM
Subject:  Re:  [PHP]  best  practices  in  error  handling  in  PHP

>   I  want  to  know  what  is  the  best  solution  for  handling  errors.
> After  reading  some
>  documents  dealing  with  the  subject,  i  have  three  options:
>   *  Using  a  class  for  error  handling
>   *  Using  PEAR  error  object
>   *  Using  try  and  catch  exceptions
>   The  error  handling  i  want  to  implement  will  be  done  in  a  big
> application  that  was
>  developed  from  the  beginning  without  any  concern  about  error
> handling.

It  seems  to  me  that  1  and  3  aren't  necessarily  mutually  exclusive.
believe  that  you  can  use  your  own  error  classes  in  php's  try/catch
functionality.   As  for  PEAR's  error  object,  unless  you  are  using  PEAR
elsewhere  in  your  app  I'm  not  sure  it  would  be  worthwhile  to  just
use
this  very  small  piece.

This  is  all  just  IMO.

thnx,
Chris

Looking  for  last  minute  shopping  deals?
Find  them  fast  with  Yahoo!  Search.