At 10:20 PM -0700 3/10/08, Mike wrote:
Wait, what?

You are defining user role ids as MD5 hashes of UUIDs created from random numbers that change on every request?

Am I missing something or is this completely insane advice?

Mike:

What you're missing is that it doesn't matter. Each session generates one ID for each type of user.

It doesn't matter if the user comes back tomorrow and the actual number is different than it was yesterday. The point is that the number used for that user during that time is defined uniquely.

Granted, this is a little disturbing -- but my second suggestion to use a string is a little less disturbing.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------