I'am already using that. When i call trigger_error the function set
in set_error_handler handles the error. but now i don't know if this
will handle all the other errors that i don't know about in case they
happen. Is there anyway to test that?

Read the manual page. I believe it handles all except things like parse errors:

"The following error types cannot be handled with a user defined function: E_ERROR, E_PARSE, E_CORE_ERROR, E_CORE_WARNING, E_COMPILE_ERROR, E_COMPILE_WARNING, and most of E_STRICT raised in the file where set_error_handler() is called."

Richard Heyes
Employ me:
http://www.phpguru.org/cv