On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Larry Garfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi all.  I am looking for a web host for a site.  The usual host I work with
> is missing some important functionality, so I need to look elsewhere for this
> project.  Specifically, I need web host that offers the following:
>
>  - PHP 5.2.x
>  - SOAP support
>  - MySQL 5.0.x
>  - Allows .htaccess configuration

    Larry,

    I'm on 5.2.4 on the primary server right now, and if you need
something installed at root level, it's usually no problem (especially
for things like SOAP).  Send me a message off-list if you haven't
already found what you're looking for, and if you want references,
there are some on the list here even who host some sites with me.  Let
me know and I'm sure it won't be a problem to have them give you an
*honest* opinion about things.

    Plus, for a few people here, I don't have much issue with granting
sudo.... but don't tell anyone else.  ;-P

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek
<? while(1) { $me = $mind--; sleep(86400); } ?>