Sudhakar wrote:
if a user by mistake types the wrong url directly in the address bar ex=
www.website.com/abou.php instead of
typing www.website.com/aboutus.php instead of the browser displaying File
not found or a 404 error message i would like to display a customized page
which will still have the same look and feel of my website in terms of the
layout and i would like to
a) display a message such as = "Page could not be found" and b) the url that
the user originally typed should remain in the browser = I guess this would
be the case anyway but i was wondering if something needs to be done in
order to reatin the original address the user typed.

Does this have to be done from apache perspective or can it be done using
php. please suggest the procedure in either case apache OR php.

please advice.

thanks.

.htaccess:

ErrorDocument 404 /404-error.php