On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Sudhakar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i need to connect to the linux server using an editor. can anyone suggest
>  which would be an ideal linux editor to connect to the server.
>  apart from the ip address, username and password are there any other details
>  i would need to connect to the server.

    An editor would be what you would use once you're already
connected to the server (or once you've synchronized files with your
local machine).

    I'm a command-line junkie, and a full-time Linux user (with the
exception of my PDA and half of my laptop).  So I SSH into the remote
server and use 'vi' to edit the files.  From the command line on an
SSH connection, some of the editors you'll have available to you in
almost all cases are vi/vim, pico/nano, and ed, among others.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Forensic Services, Senior Unix Engineer