At 10:21 AM -0500 3/27/08, Shawn McKenzie wrote:

I would assume your 2 examples to be the same because the point is that
the PHP interpreter must parse for vars to substitute when it encounters
double-quotes whether there are any vars in it or not.  With
single-quotes the interpreter does not have to worry about it.
Regardless, the speed diff is probably negligible, hence my flame
inviting post. :-)

-Shawn

-Shawn:

The time difference is not the reason why I use single and double quotes. I do it for two reasons: 1) It's good coding practice to know what's happening in the background and consider it; 2) If I use a single quote, then I know that statement does not contain a variable -- it's a form of documentation for me.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------