Liz Kim wrote:
We have a set of PHP files which uses "dl()" to load the extension
"php_mssql.so" at runtime.
These were running on a server with PHP 4.3.9 and have been recently moved
to a new server with PHP 5.1.6 (both RedHat).
I have tried to simply copy the file "php_mssql.so" file to the directory of
PHP modules, however it seems to be not compatible with the new version.

Right. PHP4 is different to PHP5 internally so the extension files will be different too.

We dont have permissions to recompile PHP on the server but can copy files
on the modules/extensions directory area.
I believe we just need to get the updated "php_mssql.so" file onto the
server.
Any idea where I could download or how to create one?

Ideally just get the host to install the appropriate RPM's.

The only other way would be to get the same hardware (i386 compared to amd64 for example), same version of redhat, same gcc, same php and compile it all yourself.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/